Program for Ordinary level General
The program for ordinary level general at Benchmark Evening School is 3 years. Our classes include; P1, P2, and P3.
- P1 (Combination of Form 1 and 2).
- P2 (Combination of Form 2 and 3).
- P3 (Form 5 Only).
|SN||SUBJECT CODE||SUBJECT NAME|
|7||0535||Literature in English|
|8||0540||Food and Nutrition|
|10||0546||Special Bilingual Education French|
Three of these twenty one subjects have practical components. That is to say nineteen subjects at the Ordinary Level are two paper subjects while Food and Nutrition, Special Bilingual Education French and Computer Science have three papers.
Each of these subjects have their specifications as regards the number of questions set per paper, the number of questions to be answered per paper and the scores and weightings are also different. It is important to note that all paper ones are multiple choice (MCQ) made up of fifty questions and candidates are expected to answer all the fifty questions.
These subjects also have subject experts who are very knowledgeable in the various disciplines.
For a candidate to go in for Ordinary Level General GCE Examination, He / She is must go in for at least four Ordinary Level Subjects and at most eleven subjects, but the 11th subject must be Religious Studies.
Another important condition for registration at the Ordinary Level is that, the four subjects must include English Language, French and Mathematics. This implies that English Language, French and Mathematics are compulsory subjects at the Ordinary Level. However, candidates can also go in for single subjects.
GCE Registration Conditions
- Candidates for Ordinary Level examinations shall offer at least six subjects which must include the following: English Language, French, Mathematics. However, candidates who already possess a pass in at least four Ordinary Level subjects or other equivalent qualification may enter for additional single subjects.
- Candidates may enter for at most eleven subjects at Ordinary Level if they desire to include Religious Studies. Repeat candidates must enter for compulsory subjects, unless they show proof that they already possess a pass in the subjects.
- Photocopies of Results Slips and Certificates must be attached upon registration.
The registration fees at GCE Ordinary.
- Registration fee – 8000frs.
- Subject fee – 1000frs.
- Practical fee – 5000frs.
- Franking of form G3 – 1000frs.
The above fees are applicable presently at the GCE Board.